AIRBORN LLAMA
Please login!
AIRBORN LLAMA
Please login!
AIRBORN LLAMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AIRBORN LLAMA

JTAG/ XBOX 360 Mods

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
renegade770

renegade770

Character sheet
Warning Status:
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Left_bar_bleue0/0[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Empty
PostSubject: [Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP   [Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:06 pm

What You Need-
-A Jtag xbox (obviously)
-Ffviewer (or equivalent) installed-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-Winrar to extract ffviewer-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-All MW2 files to be on your hard drive in a folder
-A way to connect your xbox to your PC. They need to be on the same network. This can be through Ethernet or wireless, as long as they are both on the same network.
-A patch to place on the Jtag (mine is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but you need to read all the instructions)

So this tutorial is assuming that you already have all of the correct MW2 game files in place on your hard drive. If you do not, i will be making another tutorial on that, and i will post a link when it is finished.

STEP 1- Firstly, you need to find a patch. Mine is available and there are tons all over the internet. Google is your friend.
Find a patch you want, download it, and save it someplace on your computer.
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Showin10

STEP 2- Next, you need to open it. Double click the default_mp.ff. It should open with ffviewer, but if this is the first time you might have to select ffviewer from a list of programs to open it. I use ffviewer because i am on vista, i have no clue about apple/mac users. Once again, Google is your friend.
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Patch_10

STEP 3 (Optional)- If you want to edit it, you need to open up the raw files and normally everything is under _missions.gsc
If you don't know what you are doing, dont touch anything as it might cause the patch to not work.
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Patch_11

STEP 4- Next you need to go to File>Options. This will pop up a little box with a few options.
You will see a space for the xbox IP, username, password, and a path to MW2.
Dont change anything yet, we will be coming back to this soon.
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Save_o10

STEP 5- Next you need to open up xexmenu on your xbox.
Turn your xbox on, and from the "My Xbox" page go to the right until you get to the game library.
Click to enter it, scroll to the right to get to "Game Demos and Trials".
Inside the demos and trials there should be xexmenu. Click on it and select play game (I've heard its a very entertaining game to play:) )
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Openin10

STEP 6- Once you are in xexmenu, click the right bumper two times.
You should get a screen with a bunch of info on it. On the bottom line will be your IP address.
Your xexmenu will probably look different than mine, i have a different theme applied. As you can see, my IP is 192.168.1.65
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Findin10

STEP 7- Go back to your options in ffviewer on your computer and type in the IP address of your xbox that you found in xexmenu.
The username and password that you need are both xbox, in all lower case.
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Save_o11

STEP 8- The path is a little more tricky. Depending on where you saved the MW2 game files, it will be different.
To check, press the right bumper (RB) twice again. If you see a folder labeled MW2 with the files on it just in the plain Hdd1, then it the path is Hdd1/MW2
If there is a general "Games" folder on your hard drive, as I have, the path will be Hdd1/Games/MW2
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Going_10

STEP 9- Now that you have everything correct under save options on your computer you can click "save options" in the bottom left and it should say "your preferences were saved successfully"

STEP 10- In ffviewer, click File and then "Save Over FTP". It should be the third option down.
It should load for a few seconds and then be done.
If it cant find the path specified, you did something wrong and need to check the options again.
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Save_o12

STEP 11- Back on the xbox, you should still be in xexmenu, and nothing should appear to be different.
Press the right bumper (RB) twice (if you are still at the information screen) and you should see your hard drive.
Find the folder that contains all of the MW2 files, click on it, and you should see something like this.
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP All_ga10

STEP 12- That is all of the files that MW2 will ever use. Now click the right stick and you should see the two .xex files. default.xex and default_mp.xex
Select the default_mp.xex and it will boot up to the multiplayer screen. Go into system link or split screen and start a game to see if everything works.
[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Only_x10

And that's it!

Things to note-
-You NEED to have xexmenu open every time you want to save a patch. Yes, this means you will have to go to the dashboard every time.
-If you have a complex network setup (like me) and are using multiple routers or even just one, the xbox may have a different IP address than it did previously. It will never change while it is still running, but if you turn it off, and try to save a patch onto an xbox you have saved onto before and it doesn't work, check the IP address again.

Any problems? Read the steps and make sure you did everything.
Still doesn't work? Post your problem, PM me, or even aim if you really need to.
Back to top Go down
765afroman

765afroman

[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP Empty
PostSubject: MW2 ISO FILES   [Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:39 am

Can u plz give m the mw2 iso files plz i cant find them anywhere i wont give to anyone add me on xbox im Vanilla xD or teamveiwer me so you can give me them i will host anything 4 u i just got my jtag
Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] How to Inject Patches Into a Jtag Xbox Over FTP
Page 1 of 1