AIRBORN LLAMA
Please login!
AIRBORN LLAMA
Please login!
AIRBORN LLAMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AIRBORN LLAMA

JTAG/ XBOX 360 Mods

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why a lot of infections do not work any longer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
renegade770

renegade770

Character sheet
Warning Status:
Why a lot of infections do not work any longer Left_bar_bleue0/0Why a lot of infections do not work any longer Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Why a lot of infections do not work any longer Empty
PostSubject: Why a lot of infections do not work any longer   Why a lot of infections do not work any longer EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 pm

So, i dont know if anyone else noticed, but a lot of infections do not... well... infect anymore.
And this is why.
During the recent playlist update, IW changed a few things in the onConnect.
They started to monitor certain dvars.

Lets use UAV for example
Two of the many dvars for UAV are:

self setClientDvar("compassSize", "1.5" );
self setClientDvar("compassEnemyFootstepEnabled", "1" );

What they did to patch these infections is to monitor them.
This is what monitor means.
OnConnect they are initiating the dvars

self setClientDvar("compassSize", "1" );
self setClientDvar("compassEnemyFootstepEnabled", "0" );

This changes the dvar values, nullifying the effect of uav always on.
What also doesnt work-
-visions
-any perk dvars
-wallhack
-aimbot

Infections still work if they are DIRECTLY infected from a jtag, because the jtag is running its own onConnect.
Example: I can infect myself and host private matches with any infections i want on myself, but anyone else who comes in will not get infected.
Back to top Go down
ncjunglist

ncjunglist

Why a lot of infections do not work any longer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why a lot of infections do not work any longer   Why a lot of infections do not work any longer EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:09 pm

so, but if they are monitoring certain dvars ,are there any other dvars that have similar reults or do they already have a long list of dvars that they are monitoring.. I was in a lobby day before yesterday and like you just said, everything worked in private for me until i went to matchmaking then most of them dissapeared and where still gone when i went back to private to check...that's how i found out this was happening...suxx wellll.. i guess there's black ops to look forward to. Damn you Infinity!!! afro i guess some IW peeps got shot through random walls one to many times. farao They'll never stop it all though!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Why a lot of infections do not work any longer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIRBORN LLAMA :: Xbox 360 Games / Modding :: Modern Warfare 2-
Jump to: