AIRBORN LLAMA
Please login!
AIRBORN LLAMA
Please login!
AIRBORN LLAMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AIRBORN LLAMA

JTAG/ XBOX 360 Mods

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Jtag keeps overheating abnormally fast!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ncjunglist

ncjunglist

My Jtag keeps overheating abnormally fast!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: My Jtag keeps overheating abnormally fast!!!!!   My Jtag keeps overheating abnormally fast!!!!! EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 pm

First I fixed RROD with the x-clamp method. Worked great for a few weeks. Now when I turn it on, in less than 3 minutes, the heat sinks get so hot that it jumps staight to the two red[1,3] lights, indicating that it's been reset. I let it cool down for a while then power back up. It always starts just fine and the screen says that the console was shutdown do to over heating, the same message you get after the RROD repair. Its just weird because it's not getting RROD so what is the problem now?? I took some heatsinks out of a zephyr but have not tried swapping them out yet,but i if they'll fit, they do look the same just the heatsink with the extention on it is a bit thicker. I really dont think they are the problem though...A friend suggested reflashing the mobo. Could that be cause of the extreme quickness of the heatsink temperature?? I would appreciate some input on this please someone who really knows what they are talking about.. Thnx Fellaz
geek

Ok, so I just switched the heat sinks from an old zephyr which look brand new, turn on the jtag and before it can get to the dashboard it resets to the two red lights...can you not use newer heatsinks? i dont know what to do here..help!!!

Alrighty, well newer heatsinks are in place, dont know why i didnt already think of this before but i got the secondary error code of it after it went to the two red lights which was 0011 which is the gpu overheating. Tightened the heatsink screws down some more and now it's working fine..just had it on for 2 hours and decided not to push my luck for now. Hope it holds up so I can host some lobbies without fear of it shutting down. cheers
Back to top Go down

My Jtag keeps overheating abnormally fast!!!!!
Page 1 of 1