AIRBORN LLAMA
Please login!
AIRBORN LLAMA
Please login!
AIRBORN LLAMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AIRBORN LLAMA

JTAG/ XBOX 360 Mods

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to create a modded l4d2 us file

Go down 
AuthorMessage
redzic

redzic

How to create a modded l4d2 us file Empty
PostSubject: How to create a modded l4d2 us file   How to create a modded l4d2 us file EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm going to teach you how to make your own modded UserSettings file. This took me awhile to figure out how to get aliases working perfectly, so I thought I would share my findings.

First, you're going to need your US file from your HDD. You can obtain this using either Xport or Xplorer, but I recommend Xport because it names all the games for you. Next, you need to download a program called L4D2Editor. You can get it [url= *SPAM* [/url] . Now I'm going to teach you how to set up an alias, attach it to a bind, and finally use multi-button commands (hold LT and push A for noclip, just pushing A is default).

(Keep in mind that your default controls might be different depending on which config set you use)

First, you start with the default:

unbind all
sv_cheats 1

bind "A_BUTTON" "+jump;+menuAccept"
bind "B_BUTTON" "+reload"
bind "X_BUTTON" "+use"
bind "Y_BUTTON" "lastinv"
bind "L_SHOULDER" "vocalize smartlook"
bind "R_SHOULDER" "+lookspin"
bind "BACK" "togglescores"
bind "START" "gameui_activate"
bind "STICK1" "+duck
bind "STICK2" "+zoom"
bind "UP" "impulse 100"
bind "RIGHT" "slot4"
bind "DOWN" "slot5"
bind "LEFT" "slot3"
bind "S1_DOWN" "+menuDown"
bind "S1_UP" "+menuUp"
bind "L_TRIGGER" "+attack2"
bind "R_TRIGGER" "+attack"
joy_cfg_preset "3"
joy_inverty "0"
joy_legacy "0"
joy_movement_stick "0"
joy_pitchsensitivity "-0.8"
joy_yawsensitivity "-2.25"
option_duck_method "0"

For a simple bind, you can do something like this:

bind "BACK" "noclip"

Therefore, pushing the back button will give you noclip. You can also bind multiple commands to one button, using a semicolon to divide them. Like so:

bind "BACK" "noclip; z_spawn tank"

Now, pushing back will turn noclip on or off, and also spawn a tank.

You can also use a toggle command for commands with an on and off value (1, 0):

bindToggle "BACK" "sv_infinite_ammo"

Pressing back will toggle the _ammo command from 1 (on) to 0 (off) for each time you push the button.

Next, I will teach you how to use aliases. Aliases are a great way to save space and stay organized, but are also needed in multi-button commands. Here is an example of an alias and how to bind one:

alias "tnk" "z_spawn tank" (NOTE: you can NOT name an alias something the game uses. Make it your own)
bind "BACK" "tnk"

Now, when you push the back button, it will read the "tnk" alias which will spawn a tank. You can also bind multiple commands to one alias, and multiple aliases to one button:

alias "spwn" "z_spawn tank; z_spawn witch"
alias "com" "say TTG is the best!"
bind "BACK" "spwn; com"

Pushing the back button will now spawn a tank, spawn a witch, and put "TTG is the best!" in the top left corner.

Finally, and possibly the hardest part of L4D2 modding, I will show you multi-button commands. First, you need to set a "default" alias for ALL your buttons along with our aliases for whatever mods we want. I'm going to make one that spawns and tank and a witch. You also need to decide which button will be used to initiate the command set (we're going to use LT for this example). Also, when you use this method, you cannot have any commands with a space in either the "default" or "set" areas. If you have one like that, you need to make an alias. For example, the "impulse 100" and "vocalize smartlook"

alias "defup" "impulse 100"
alias "defls" "vocalize smartlook" (Those two are needed because they included a space. If you wish to use a command with a space it HAS to have an alias)

alias "default" "bind L_TRIGGER +Set[LT's default will be "+Set" to initiate the commands] ; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind B_BUTTON +reload; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind R_TRIGGER +attack; bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept; bind UP defup; bind LEFT slot3; bind RIGHT slot4; bind START gameui_activate; bind L_SHOULDER defls; bind R_SHOULDER +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind STICK1 +duck; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind DOWN slot5"

Since LT was called +Set, we need to define +Set (the + is telling the game "when LT is held down, do this". (notice how LT is NOT in the +Set alias!). You only need to include the buttons that actually have mods in them.

alias "+Set" "bind Y_BUTTON spwn [remember, this was our alias to spawn a tank and a witch]"

After that has been setup, you need to tell the game to revert to default controls (Y will be lastinv instead of our spawn alias).

alias "-Set" "default"

Finally, you finish up your bind set. You ONLY add the button that you used for the button-holding. We used LT in the example. All the other buttons are defined in the "default" alias. This is what the final example will look like:

unbind all
sv_cheats 1

alias "defup" "impulse 100"
alias "defls" "vocalize smartlook"

alias "default" "bind L_TRIGGER +Set; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind B_BUTTON +reload; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind R_TRIGGER +attack; bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept; bind UP defup; bind LEFT slot3; bind RIGHT slot4; bind START gameui_activate; bind L_SHOULDER defls; bind R_SHOULDER +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind STICK1 +duck; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind DOWN slot5"

alias "+Set" "bind Y_BUTTON spwn [remember, this was our alias to spawn a tank and a witch]"

alias "-Set" "default"

default (this MUST be placed here!)
bind "L_TRIGGER" "+Set" (this is the only button you need to define, like I had said)
bind "S1_DOWN" "+menuDown"
bind "S1_UP" "+menuUp" (you still define these two, however, because you can't use these to mod)
joy_cfg_preset "3"
joy_inverty "0"
joy_legacy "0"
joy_movement_stick "0"
joy_pitchsensitivity "-0.8"
joy_yawsensitivity "-2.25"
option_duck_method "0"

Finally, you need to put this into your US file. Open up L4D2E (link is at the top), click Open File, and find your file. Select the drop down arrow and select "left4dead2_cfg_ss.cfg". Finally, paste your finished set into that section over the defaults that will be there. Click save, rehash/resign, and transfer back to your Xbox.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airbornllama.com

How to create a modded l4d2 us file
Page 1 of 1